Mechanical cutting and peeling Mango

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, November 18, 2012

photos of mangoes

"How do you peel the mango?" Of course you all peel the mango with a knife, but that is often different is the way you peel. There are forward, backward or rotate without breaking the skin of the mango. The latter technique is rarely I have found, so far only my father who often practice. 

How do i peel a mango..Techniques peeling forward often I see when I first set foot in the land of Java (Yogyakarta) in 2001 to the present. In my hometown (NTT) I found this technique rarely because most local people-including me and my family-peeling mangoes from front to back. Techniques that endanger my wife said it was still courting-time-because it can hurt the body of the mango peel. At that time I tried to defend myself by saying that it means that we (NTT) dare-to be honest not all like that-but my wife immediately rebuked me "It's not brave but stupid! Why do not peel the mango but the knife hit bablas stomach or hands? better to prevent! Yelled at my wife's changed the way I peel the mango into the forward direction, although there was trouble.

How do you slice a mango..No survey mapping techniques mango peel is in Indonesia, but I tend to see most of the Indonesian people-especially in the western part of Java-peeling mangoes from the back to the front. Peelings of patient, careful, but the results are satisfactory, while peeling technique from front to back likely done by people in eastern Indonesia. Some of my classmates came from Ambon and other areas also use this technique-perhaps not all. If the note is peeling technique is likely to harm themselves, a bit in a hurry without much thought, but the result is not too disappointing. I can not seem to generalize that our technique is being peeled mango or regional cultural stereotypes we come from, but subjectively many people think like that.

Cutting mangoes..One of the stereotypes that immediately I heard was when still in high school at the end of the decade of the 90s, I was with my friends visiting one acquaintance who happens to be a cop in the local police resort. While I was waiting for him, we had a conversation with two police officers at the rank of brigadier-I forget exactly-and coincidentally they were eating mangoes. The officers are from Bali-Bali many police stationed in NTT-and one of them asked us while peeling a mango. "You are why peeled mango towards the back?" Me and my friends just said "Maybe it was used to pack '. Our answer made her laugh and said "Because it's a habit that's why you ga forward-forward, rewind and hold". That statement made us laugh and shame because our area has always lagging behind other regions in Indonesia, particularly in the area of ​​western Indonesia. The statement was joking that for us there may be something in it. Perhaps because the peel to the front so ahead, thought we were still innocent then.

In fact NTT province has always come in top 5 poorest provinces in Indonesia. BPS survey results in 2010 gave the fact that the top 5 poorest provinces in Indonesia came from eastern Indonesia-including NTT. However, this is not not because of a technical problem peeling a mango, but twisted corruption of the local authorities who are not responsible. You see most of the local officials have a fat belly, but people always overwritten due to hunger or thirst parched by drought. NTT areas generally have a geographic character barren, dry and specifically the island of Timor has rocky soil so frequent famines. Mismanagement of this area makes people always retarded. Though NTT has a very beautiful natural scenery, but can not give happiness to people.

This paper is a personal reflection that look simple stereotypes of mango peel technique, but in real life. But the stereotype is not shackled, but can be skipped as long as there will. Most people NTT send their children to the college, but all it takes is a noble leader. Not thinking about her own belly!

..

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment